-->

What is LMK | Meaning, Uses, How, Full Form, Other Related Word of LMK?

LMK

Contents:
  1. Introduction
  2. What is the meaning of LMK?
  3. What is the full form of LMK?
  4. Where to use LMK
  5. What does LMK mean on Instagram?
  6. Example of LMK
  7. How do you use LMK?
  8. Other related slangs?

Introduction
'Let me know' is a common idiom used by most English speakers all over the world. It majorly sources information when a particular target has been met, for example: let me know when you get home. In this case, the goal 'when you get home' holds the information concerning the arrival time or safety.

When you say 'Let me know', it may not necessarily mean 'tell me' even though both idioms target a piece of particular information. By saying, 'Let me know' you declare to your listener, then you are waiting for the response no matter how long it takes.

What is the meaning of 'LMK'?

The idiom can have several meanings based on how it has been used in a sentence. It generally refers to a request for knowledge about the future with the implication that the other person doesn't know the information yet. For instance, in a conversation between a caller and a child may go as follows;

Child: hello, mum is not around.
Caller: Let me know when your mum comes back.

In the above conversation, the caller wants to know when the child's mum will be around even though the child doesn't see the information yet. It's important to understand that the idiom 'let me know' cannot change the meaning of a sentence but gets its purpose from the sentence where it has been used.


What does LMK stand for?

LMK stands for Let Me Know


Where to use LMK?

The phrase was initially used to escape answering a question.
For example:-
Que: When a friend said, "we are having a party tonight, are you coming?
Ans: Then you could say, "let me know" I will arrange a car.
Other usages of the idiom in a sentence vary depending on what you want to attain or communicate, for instance;
  • To request clarification from the unclear decision: when you invited a friend for a party, and he is not showing up, you could call him and say, Let me know if you are coming.
  • To ask for information urgently: when you want to buy an item in a shop, and you are not sure of the price, you could say, let me know the price of this product.
  • It can be used with the word 'please' to ask for a favor: if you want a friend to pay you a visit over the holiday, you could say, please let me know if you can find time over the holiday and visit me.
  • To get a signal for successful completion of a particular activity: a teacher can tell his students, let me know if you are done with your assignments' to get alerted after the successful completion of the assignments.
  • To show an imperative: Doctor – "…my car got a puncture, am not sure if I can reach there in time" patient – "let me know"


What does LMK mean on Instagram?

Instagram is a chatting platform where people interact, know each other, and then 'follow. Let me know in this platform means to get back to me with a response, update, or answer. For example;

Person A: LMK if you are ready for a video call tomorrow.
Person B: Okay, thank you.

The phrase also means,' tell me what you know.' When you are chatting with a friend, for instance, and he asks you to name the deepest lake in the world. If you are not sure, you would say, 'let me know' to give the friend chance to express his answer based on his understanding.

Examples of LMK

Below are some of the examples of LMK in a sentence:
  • If you need to borrow some money for your project, just let me know, and I will be glad to help you out (give me a signal to help you with the cash).
  • If there is something I can come with over the weekend, don't waver to let me updated (inform me before it's too late).
  • Please use the car indicators to let me know when you are about to turn right or left or when you are want to change lanes (give an idea of what you are planning to do).

How do you use LMK?

LMK (let me know) can be used at the start of the sentence or the end of the sentence without changing its meaning. For example;
  • LMK if you are willing to help me with my assignments (used at the start of the sentence)
  • If you are eager to help me with my duties, LMK (used at the end of the sentence)
In both the sentence, you are telling the listener to get back to you with an update.
  • The object' me' in the phrase can be replaced with a different object depending on the subject. For example, the object may take the form 'him' when the subject is 'him.'
  • He is not coming tonight, let him know of tomorrow's meeting (the subject 'he' takes the object 'him')
  • You don't have to come; I'll let you know of tomorrow's schedule (the subject 'you' take the object 'you').
  • She is a good girl, let her know of our plans (the subject 'she' takes the object 'her')
  • They won't understand your policies, let them know of every instruction you want them to follow (the subject 'they' take the object 'them')


Other related slangs?

Several related slangs have a similar meaning as LMN, and they can be used in place of LMN in a sentence. Some of the examples include;
  • Keep me updated/keep me in the loop/keep me informed: I won't make it to the meeting tomorrow, so keep me updated on the proceedings.
  • Let me know your thoughts: I am not sure of your capability, so let me know your thought.
  • Enlighten me: when you are informed of the price, please enlighten me.

CONCLUSION

Several people use idioms in their daily conversations, and the main ideas for such usage are to keep the conversation short, clear, and to the point. Phrases also help in chatting majorly with friends to communicate a large volume of information with little typing.
People also search for LMAO, FYI, OK, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment